The Air Infiltration and Ventilation Centre (AIVC) in collaboration with IEA EBC Annex 86 are organizing a workshop consisting of a series of four webinars on:
- April 1st, 2021 (17:00-18:30 CET): Building ventilation: How does it affect SARS-CoV-2 transmission?
- April 8th, 2021 (09:00-10:30 CET): IAQ and ventilation Metrics
- April 13th, 2021 (17:00-18:30 CET): Big data, IAQ and ventilation – part 1
- April 21st, 2021(09:00-10:30 CET): Big data, IAQ and ventilation – part 2
In this webinar, we addressed the applications of IoT devices and big data in IAQ and ventilation and discussed the possibilities they provide for research. It set the starting stage for subtask 5 of the new IEA EBC Annex 86 “energy efficient IAQ management in residential buildings”. After a short introduction, the three speakers first gave an overview of ongoing research projects that apply IAQ related big data and provide some insights on how they reshape our thinking about ventilation systems, then explored how personal IAQ sensors can change our understanding about IAQ and finally discussed how all this data can be connected with and integrated in BIM models that power ’smart building’ applications.
This webinar was organized by the Air Infiltration and Ventilation Centre (https://www.aivc.org/) & the IEA EBC Annex 86 “Energy Efficient Indoor Air Quality Management in Residential Buildings” (https://annex86.iea-ebc.org/). The webinar was facilitated by INIVE (http://www.inive.org/).
- 17:00 | Introduction, Marc Delghust – Ghent University, Belgium | Slides, Recordings
- 17:10 | Improving IAQ with BIM based Predictive Twins, Wouter Borsboom – TNO, Netherlands | Slides, Recordings
- 17:30 | Online personal IAQ monitoring, Benjamin Hanoune – University of Lille, France | Slides, Recordings
- 17:50 | Brains for buildings: where to find all the relevant smart building data? Pieter Pauwels – Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands | Slides, Recordings
- 18:10 | Questions and Answers & Closing | Recordings
- 18:30 | End of webinar
For further information please scroll down to download the flyer, slides and view the recordings.