Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
This Web Site is owned and operated by INIVE vzw, Operating Agent of the AIVC.
INIVE vzw - International Network for Information on Ventilation and Energy Performance
Head office: Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, B-9000 Ghent, Belgium
Society number: BTW BE 0789.393.621
By accessing or using this Web Site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below. These Terms and Conditions expressly incorporate by reference and include any guidelines, rules or disclaimers that may be posted and updated on specific web pages or on notices that are sent to you. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, please do not use this Site.
The AIVC reserves the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions in its sole discretion at any time and without prior notice. Please check this page periodically for any modifications. Your continued use of this Web Site following the posting of any changes will mean that you have accepted the changes.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
- The AIVC makes every attempt to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information contained on this Web Site but guarantees neither. The AIVC and its Operating Agent cannot be held liable for any inaccuracy, error or omission. The AIVC and its Operating Agent disclaim all liability for any loss or damage to any visitor whether or not due to reliance by that party on the information contained on this Web Site.
- The mention of specific companies or certain products does not imply that they are endorsed or recommended by the AIVC in preference to others of a similar nature that are not mentioned.
- This Web Site may contain hyperlinks to other web sites or resources that are provided solely for your convenience. The AIVC and its Operating Agent are not responsible for the availability of external sites or resources linked to this Web Site, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such web sites or resources.
- The AIVC aims to keep this Web Site available twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week and to maintain saved information. However, due to technical failures or routine maintenance, availability may be limited and/or information may be lost. The AIVC and its Operating Agent shall not be liable for lost information or non-availability of the services.
- Neither the AIVC nor its Operating Agent makes any warranty whatever, including without limitation, that the operation of this Web Site will be uninterrupted or error-free; that defects will be corrected; that this Web Site, including the server that makes it available, is free of viruses or other harmful components; as to the results that may be obtained from use of the content or other materials on this Web Site; or as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, availability, suitability, quality, non-infringement or operation of any content, product or service provided on or accessible from this Web Site.
Copyrights and Limitations on Use
- The AIVC wishes to enhance public access to information about its activities. It maintains this Web Site, and the information, documents and material presented herein (hereinafter the "Material") for informational purposes only.
- Use of the information on this Web Site constitutes an agreement between the AIVC and the User with the following terms and conditions.
- The information contained on this Web Site is subject to copyright by the Operating Agent of the AIVC on behalf of the AIVC. Unauthorized copying, including any modification, translation or disassembly work, is not permitted without prior written consent from the Operating Agent of the AIVC. All visitors will be held legally responsible for any breach of copyright committed through their accessing the information.
- Visitors may use limited portions of the Material (not exceeding 15% of the total content of each book or other document on this Web site) for educational and research purposes, on an occasional and infrequent basis, provided that all such material is clearly attributed to the AIVC Web Site, and bears a notation that it is copyrighted by the Operating Agent of the AIVC, with the year of copyright. Where there is no year of copyright, the current year should be indicated.
- Please note that without specific permission in writing from the Operating Agent of the AIVC:
- The source Material must not be altered or amended in any way, and any other restrictions associated with specific items of material (for example, third-party copyright) must be respected.
- Other than as authorized above, visitors may not reproduce, distribute, display, sell, barter, publish, broadcast or otherwise circulate any of the Material to any third party, including other members of their organization.
- Any copyright notices contained in the Material must not be altered, deleted or concealed. The material must not be stored in a shared electronic archive or database.
- The User may not copy, republish, lend, post on servers, transmit or redistribute to any mailing lists this information for commercial purposes or for compensation of any kind. Commercial purpose means work generated for or resulting in the receipt of income, pro bono or research work done with the hope of earning money in the future as a result of the work, and work which will be later used for commercial projects even if not so used now.
- Some of the Material in the AIVC Web Site may contain references to Material from third parties whose copyright the User of the Web Site must honor by obtaining the necessary permission from the copyright owner.
- Provided these terms and conditions are fully respected, a User who maintains a Web Site can include hyperlinks to the AIVC Web Site or to any of its pages on that site, without having to ask permission. However, permission to include a hyperlink does not include permission to use the AIVC logo or acronym or its intellectual property without prior written permission. Prior written permission is also required for including hyperlinks to other content of this Web Site, including without limitation pdf files or pictures.
- A link to the AIVC Web Site may not be used for the promotion of an organization, company or individual or of any commercial products or services.
Governing Law and Venue
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Belgium, without regard to its conflicts of law principles. You hereby submit to and agree that the sole jurisdiction and venue for any actions that may arise under or in relation to the subject matter hereof shall be the courts located in Belgium.
General terms and Conditions
INIVE vzw (Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, B-9000 Ghent, Belgium), operating agent of AIVC, provides online access to AIVC’s Bibliographic database “Airbase”, direct registration to upcoming conferences and workshops as well as subscription to newsletters (https://subscriptions.inive.org/).
These general terms and conditions are the only applicable terms and conditions and exclude any purchasing terms and conditions of the Customer. Any deviation from these terms and conditions must be expressly agreed in writing.
INIVE vzw abides by strict procedures as regards quality and respect for people and the environment. These procedures are available immediately on request.
Should any provision of these General Terms and Conditions prove to be fully or partially void, the other provisions will continue to apply in full. Should this be the case, the parties shall adopt a new provision to replace it that approximates as far as possible the purpose of the provision that is voided.
Access to AIRBASE
INIVE websites (inive.org, aivc.org, etc.) provide the opportunity for online access to the Bibliographic Database AIRBASE.
AIRBASE is the Bibliographic Database of the AIVC. It contains abstracts of articles and publications related to energy efficient ventilation. Where possible, enough detail is supplied in the bibliographic details for users to trace and order the material via their own libraries. Topics include:
- ventilation strategies,
- design and retrofit methods,
- calculation techniques
- standards and regulations
- measurement methods
- indoor air quality and energy implications
Entries are based on articles and reports published in journals, internal publications and research reports, produced both by university departments and by building research institutions throughout the world.
AIRBASE has grown and evolved over many years (1979 to present day, over 22000 references and 16000 documents available online).
The AIVC website includes a protected content feature that provides free online access to AIVC publications (Technical Notes, Contributed Reports, Ventilation Information Papers, Conference Proceedings and papers etc. ) and databases. Hyperlinks to that information are available from different pages (e.g. Publications - Conferences - Airbase). Access to the protected content is free of charge but requires you to register first.
Registration to events
It is possible to register for upcoming events (International conferences, workshops, meetings ...) through the INIVE/AIVC website. Cancelation conditions shall be decided separately for each workshop or conference and will be published on the registration page of the workshop or conference.
If there are any complaints about our online services the client can contact the Inive secretariat by e-mail on email@example.com or by mail INIVE vzw, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, B-9000 Ghent, Belgium
INIVE vzw processes your data in accordance with this policy and with the applicable legislation and regulations on this matter.
This policy applies to personal data collected through online sources (such as websites, e-mails, online applications and other online tools).
We only collect personal data if you decide to grant us access to it. Where this is the case, the (categories of) personal data that we ask you to share will be clearly displayed, as well as the purpose for which the data will be used. We do not use your personal data for any purpose other than that stated.
It is possible that your permission will be requested to use your data for certain purposes. You can approve or reject this request. If you opt for specific services or communications, e.g. an e-newsletter, you can cancel your subscription for this at any time by following the instructions given in each communication. If you decide to unsubscribe from a service or communication, we will delete your data as soon as possible. Under no circumstances do we share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes, unless you expressly give us permission to do so ('opt-in'). You can withdraw your consent to the use of your data for marketing purposes at any time.
It is possible that your personal data will be supplemented with other data, such as location, visitor statistics, history and the like, in order to provide you with a more personal service.
Your data will not be stored longer than necessary for the purposes for which you have provided it to us. In the event that your data is provided under an agreement with the INIVE, it will not be kept longer than necessary for the fulfilment of that agreement. If your data is provided on the basis of your consent, processing will be stopped as soon as practically possible when you withdraw your consent. If your data is processed on the basis of a legal obligation or in the legitimate interest of the INIVE vzw, it will be retained for as long as necessary for this purpose.
INIVE vzw does not take any automated decisions based on your data and does not engage in profiling. The processing of your personal data has no other interest and consequences than those stated when you provide us with your data.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
These general terms and conditions and all agreements between INIVE vzw and the Customer are governed solely by Belgian law. The courts of Brussels shall have sole jurisdiction for all disputes or proceedings arising here from.