The common EPIC – AIVC Conference was organized in Lyon France between 22 to 24 of November 2006. A very high number of excellent papers were presented and the conference was regarded as being of high scientific quality.
More than 80 of the papers presented at the Conference dealt with ventilation studies and most of these reported very interesting and innovative results. Among the best papers, we have selected 10 which we believe merit publication in the International Journal of Ventilation.
All invited papers were rewritten to fit the standards of the Journal and are fully reviewed. The papers cover to the following topics:
- Monitoring Results of Naturally Ventilated Buildings;
- Night Cooling Ventilation;
- Earth to Air Heat Exchangers and Heat Recovery Systems;
- Natural Ventilation in Urban Canyons;
- Air Flow Structures in Cross Ventilated Rooms;
- Ventilation and Education;
- Natural Ventilation and Control Systems;
- Exergy Analysis of Ventilation Systems;
- Natural Ventilation in Tropic Climates;
- The Influence of Gas Phase Filters on IAQ.