(Login or register-free of charge- to download)
Masaaki Ohba, Kenji Tsukamoto, Takashi Kurabuchi and Toshihiro Nonaka
Year:
2010
Bibliographic info:
31st AIVC Conference " Low Energy and Sustainable Ventilation Technologies for Green Buildings", Seoul, Korea, 26-28 October 2010

The effects of roof window on ventilation flow rates and reduction of cooling loads in densely populated areas were investigated by using building simulations. In May of the intermediate season, when utilizing roof window, the cumulative number of air exchanges increased by 9 % to 12 % compared to that when the windows at side walls remained open only during the daytime. When the building coverage ratio increased from 0 % to 20 %, the cumulative number of air exchanges decreased and the cumulative cooling loads increased. However, when the building coverage ratio increased from 20 % to 40 %, the cumulative number of air exchanges and cooling loads remained almost the same.