Significant discrepancies have been observed among European countries, regarding the building and ductwork airtightness trends, attributed to differences between national policies, building practices and climate conditions. In Spain and Latvia, minimum requirements for building airtightness are included in national regulations and Energy Performance calculations, but without a mandatory justification by testing and therefore few new buildings are controlled. In the Czech Republic there are no mandatory requirements, but local standards, programmes and building certification schemes are good incentives for building airtightness. Regarding ductwork airtightness, even if the significant impact of leaky ventilation ductworks on energy use and IAQ has been well established in the literature, the awareness on this issue is raising slowly.
A series of Ventilation Information Papers (VIPs) is being developed and published by the AIVC to present national trends and regulation on building and ductwork airtightness. The aim of this webinar was to present the current situation in three European countries based on these papers: Czech Republic, Latvia and Spain.
This webinar was organised with the support of the Air Infiltration and Ventilation Centre (www.aivc.org) and TightVent Europe (www.tightvent.eu). Both initiatives are facilitated by INIVE (www.inive.org).
- 10:00 | Introduction: Presentation of the series of AIVC VIPs on building and ductwork airtightness regulations, Nolwenn Hurel, INIVE, France | Slides, Recordings
- 10:05 | Building and ductwork airtightness in the Czech Republic: National trends and requirements, Jiří Novák (CTU, Czech Republic) | Slides, Recordings
- 10:20 | Questions and answers
- 10:30 | Building and ductwork airtightness in Latvia: National trends and requirements, Nolwenn Hurel (INIVE, France) | Slides, Recordings
- 10:45 | Questions and answers
- 10:55 | Building and ductwork airtightness in Spain: National trends and requirements, Irene Poza-Casado (UVA, Spain) & Sergio Melgosa (eBuilding, Spain) | Slides, Recordings
- 11:10 | Questions and answers | Recordings
- 11:30 | End of the webinar
For further information please scroll down to download the flyer & slides and view the recordings.