New publication of the EBC Annex 52 / SHC Task 40: ‘Modeling, Design, and Optimization of Net-Zero Energy Buildings’
A new publication was released in the framework of the International Energy Agency's Solar Heating and Cooling (SHC) Programme and the Energy in Buildings and Communities (EBC) Programme through the joint SHC Task 40/EBC Annex 52: “Towards net zero energy solar buildings”.
The report aims at assisting designers in optimally using simulation tools for Net ZEB design. It includes advanced modeling techniques as well as detailed case studies. In particular, it:
- presents fundamental concepts, design strategies and technologies required to achieve net-zero energy in buildings;
- focuses on comfort considerations and models for different climates (e.g. thermal comfort and IAQ);
- discusses different design processes and tools to support the design of Net ZEBs (e.g. on natural and hybrid ventilation);
- presents different approaches, techniques, and considerations for Net ZEB optimisation;
- introduces matching of load with generation, grid interaction and advanced control issues for Net ZEBs;
- provides detailed information on four diverse Net ZEBs; and
- discusses challenges and future directions in the design of Net ZEBs.
For more information visit: http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-3433030839.html