There exist several initiatives in different parts of the world to bring a stronger basis to ventilation requirements in relation to indoor air quality and health issues, for example, at LBNL in the US (Healthy efficient homes program), within the HealthVent project in Europe (2010-2012), at Health and Wellbeing project in Japan, Development of healthy and clean residential building standard in Korea (2008-2012) or within the French Observatory for Indoor Air Quality (running since 2001). It would be beneficial for these projects to exchange information, for instance through webinars, workshops, etc.
Ventilation and health
- 33rd AIVC and 2nd TightVent Conference "Optimising Ventilative Cooling and Airtightness for [Nearly] Zero-Energy Buildings, IAQ and Comfort". 10-11 October 2012, Copenhagen
- Topical Session "Health-Based ventilation Guidelines for Europe (HealthVent project)"
- Topical Session "Health and comfort in highly energy efficient buildings"
- Topical Session "European Policies on Indoor Air Quality"
- 34th AIVC - 3rd TightVent - 1st venticool Conference "Energy conservation technologies for mitigation and adaptation in the built environment: the role of ventilation strategies and smart materials". 25-26 September 2013, Athens
- Topical Session "Ventilation and health in high performance buildings"
- 36th AIVC - 5th TightVent - 3rd venticool Conference "Effective ventilation in high performance buildings", 23-24 September, 2016, Madrid
- Topical session "Indoor Environmental Quality- Ventilation and Health"
- 12th REHVA World Congress CLIMA 2016, 22-25 May, 2016, Aalborg
- Topical Session "2020 agenda for ventilation and air Infiltration: knowledge gaps, research priorities and the need for innovation"
- JEMRB workshop “Health and comfort in highly energy efficient buildings - Knowledge gaps”. 2-3 May 2012. Brussels.