Personalised Environmental Control Systems (PECS) with the functions of heating, cooling, ventilation, lighting, and acoustics has advantages of controlling the localized environment at occupant’s workstation by their preference instead of conditioning an entire room. This improves personal comfort, health and energy eﬀiciency of the entire heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) system substantially. Personalized ventilation will also protect against cross contaminations, which are critical in open plan offices and workplaces with close distance.
There will in the future be an increasing interest and market for PECS as buildings will need to be pandemic proofed. The application is for workplaces with mainly sedentary activity like offices (open plan, banks, control centres, etc.). Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, where many people worked at home, there will be an increase in home working places where PECS may be a solution as well.
The general objective of the project is to disseminate knowledge on design and use Personalised Environmental Control Systems (PECS)
Reports and webinars will be used to disseminate on the following topics
- IEA-EBC Annex 87 Energy and Indoor Environmental Quality Performance of Personalised Environmental Control Systems (PECS)
- Application of PECS technologies
- Test methods for performance evaluation of PECS
- Control, operation and system integration of PECS
- Requirements, characteristics, and performance of PECS to be used in international standards